Does Scripture ever overwhelm you?Home Schooling . Katie's Ramblings
Does Scripture ever overwhelm you? It does me. You know those verse with “always,” “never,” and “everything.” Here I will give you a few examples of the ones that ALWAYS seem to get me.
1 Thessalonians 5:14-18
” We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
“Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.”
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
” Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,”
Ok, so you get the point. These verse are challenging to say the least. In reality, these verses are completely impossible. So, what do you do about such verses. Do you just do your best to follow them? Do you convince yourself these verses don’t apply to you? Do you come up with a step by step plan to be successful at obeying these verses?
Can we do these impossible tasks?
Yes, we can. Here is the answer to how to be successful.
1. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
2. Luke 1:27 “For nothing is impossible with God.”
3. Romans 8:37 “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.”
4. Galatians 5:16 “ But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.”
I am so glad that it is not up to me to do the mighty work of the Spirit in my life. I could never live according to the scripture on my own. But with Christ in me, I am able to do the Impossible. What a great and loving God. I am so thankful He provides the answers for every situation.
To really think deep on this topic go to Romans 8 and meditate on it for a day or two.
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Fall Feast dates 2023!!! It’s Coming!!!!
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits