Welcome to our family blog.
I am Mom, Katie to my friends, sister to many, aunt to more, and wife to one.
I will post most often, but I will introduce everyone so you know who we are.
First, my wonderful husband, Jeremy.
He is my best friend and love of my life for twenty-seven wonderful years now. Together, God has placed us on this amazing journey. He has blessed us with 15 children and 1 Grandson (so far).
- Our oldest is Daniel, age 25. Daniel has the best smile with an adorable dimple, and if you notice his hair, outfit, music, or shoes, he will flash it your way. He is a gentleman and a great help with babies. He can calm any infant in a matter of moments. Currently, he is a manager at Walmart. He lives a few miles from us in a nearby town.
- Our first born daughter is Tyler Ann (24). She is a leader, a go-getter, and she doesn’t like to waste time on meaningless things, even conversation. But she will lead a complete stranger to truth if given the opportunity. Her passion is to help families develop healthy relationships with each other and with Yehovah God. She is the self-titled Property Manager of Hirn Homestead. She enjoys gardening and raising farm animals.
- Rachel is 23. She likes to be active and not waste time. She is a natural teacher, and currently serves in her local church in Kansas. She married my wonderful son-in-love, Kiezer Carman in June 2017. They live near his family in Kansas with their son Kiezer Jr who was born in 2018. We look forward to welcoming another grandchild from them come May 20201.
- Lydia is 22, she is our musician. She can play the piano and take you away. She is happy, bubbly, and a great friend. She is the first Hirn to actually finish copying the whole Torah. She is now developing a language learning curriculum starting with Hebrew. You can find her at http://lydialulanguages.com/ She got married to a wonderful, young man named Luke this fall 2020. They live near by and are able to visit often. We can hardly wait for them to start bringing over grandchildren.
- Brenden is 21, and our handyman. He can fix a lawnmower, dishwasher, dryer, and more. Just make sure you know where he is, because he can be a bit impulsive at times, and might take apart something you needed. He is currently an independent contractor. He hopes to one day open his own car garage with his brothers and dad.
- Rebekah is 20, and our gentle child. She has a servants heart, but sometimes doesn’t know how to say no. She has a kind spirit and amazes me with her patience. She has taken off as a leader, and often can be found reading a book if she isn’t swinging on her favorite swing. She is looking into being a veterinary assistant or something along those lines.
- Davey (17), joined our family when he was five years old, and is one of the most content people you will ever meet. Just so happy to be alive. He is bouncy and can play with toy cars or legos all day if you let him. He brings our family so much joy.
- Jeremiah is 17, and he is a thinker. He loves Yehovah God and is growing in truth and love. He loves to drive and enjoys spending his summers helping on the big farm out in Kansas.
- Joshua is my laid back 15 year old. He is the chicken whisperer. He is a big help with the farm. He loves tinkering in the garage all day long.
- Next comes Zachery (13). Zachery is my school bug. He loves learning and reading. He is kind of a smarty pant and sometimes has to be reminded to not be so hard on himself and others. He is an independent wanderer, often preferring to do his own thing, even if he is alone.
- My funny Stephen is next, age 11, too smart for his own good at times. He can be a little annoying, but his imagination is out of this world fun. He loves to sing, act, and play with his goofy sense of humor.
- Then we have our Mary Kate (age 11). Mary joined our family 6 years ago, and has been a joy since day one. YHVH(God) has worked miracles in her life. She loves Yeshua, and desires to please him with her life. She is very smart and loves to color and make crafts, or messes, both make her happy.
- Christianna (9) is a princess and cutie pie. Her first couple of years were a challenge, but now she is a true joy, and we are so grateful for her. She walks on her toes and is the cutest little dancer. She can be a bit dramatic sometimes but, most days she is happy to learn and play with her siblings.
- Benny (7) is super busy and loud. He is rough n tumble, all boy. He is extremely clever with puzzles and electronics. He can use a phone better than most his adult siblings and definitely better than me.
- Last but not least is our baby, Adam (3). He is a cutie and definitely the baby of the family. He has a silly and curious nature. He and Benny are by far my loudest children, keeping us all wide awake.
That’s all of us.
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Torah Observant Believer
- Parenting an adult child that is disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Our Family
- Things to know as you visit our site…
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Feasts of YHVH, Holy Days vs. Holidays
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- My copy work method handbook (FREE)
- Tzit Tzit (wearing tassels on our clothes)
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 90 day challenge
- All about Animals
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Family journey
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Marriage 101
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits