Question: What are those things you’re wearing?
Tzit tzit are something I wear as a reminder of how I should live like Yeshua, and obey His commandments.
I am a Believer in Yeshua Messiah. That means I want to live my life like Him. Messiah means Savior of God. Yeshua was a Jew (Hebrew/Isrealite) that lived over 2000 years ago. You can read all about His life as a man in the Bible, in the books titled Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. What you will read in the Bible is that Yeshua was the son of God. The One and Only God, Yehovah.
Yeshua was born just like all men are born to a woman. His birth was a miracle and He was a special man. He never sinned because He wasn’t like other men. Sin is anything we think, say, or do that breaks God’s Laws. God’s laws can also be found in the Bible. They are found in the first five books of the Bible, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. But Yeshua never sinned because He was the Son of God. And He obeyed all of the commands of Yehovah.
One of those commands is found in Numbers chapter 15. Here is what it says,
“37 Yehovah said to Moses, 38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of Yehovah, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God. 41 I am Yehovah your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Yehovah your God.’”
Tassels are the English word for Tzittzit. I wear them on my clothes as a reminder to live like Yeshua did. Obeying the commandments of Yehovah. I know that Yeshua wore these tassels, because the Bible says that He obeyed all the Father’s commands, and it also tells a story of a woman touching His tassels (the hem of His garment). This story is found in Mark chapter 5.
- Understanding the letters of Paul and what They mean…
- Journey to Redemption continuing on to Shavuot
- The Journey to Redemption Leads to a Life of Repentance
- Day 2 For Overwhelming Peace John 14 (40 Prayers for…
- Torah Life, Biblical Living, One Day at a Time
- Journey to Redemption (A Spring Feast Family Study…
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Fall Feast dates 2023!!! It’s Coming!!!!
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits