Lately, I have found myself unable to focus and stay on task. This is not new, as I have always been easily distracted (some might say I have ADHD) I like to think of myself as a great multitasker. But, since having baby girl and moving, I have struggled with focus, insomnia, and depression(again not new, just not wanted). As the dark months start to close in on me, I find my hearts prayer for the Lord to give me a booster shot of energy, motivation, and drive. So this morning, I woke with an idea. I am calling it the “Katie’s Daily habits of Health.” I am a firm believer that God made us like himself (God the father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit). We are mind, body, and soul. To be our best all three parts must be in good health. So I came up with a list of 20 things I need to do daily to maintain optimum health. This is a very simple list of very basic activities. They are in order of what come to me first (not what is more important than another).
1. Get up at 7 am (this is necessary to get up same time everyday to help with insomnia and motivation)
2. No candy (sugar addiction)
3. No Pop (caffeine and sugar addiction, Dr Pepper is my drug of choice)
4. Go to bed at 10 pm (not TV) (again to combat insomnia)
5. exercise 30+ minutes (combat laziness and depression)
6. go outside 5+ minutes (no matter what fresh air is always benificial)
7. no eating after supper (no nighmares)
8. drink water only (this is different than no pop)
10. read Bible
11. eat with kids (if I eat with the kids I eat healthier, because I feed them healthier than I do myself)
12. one serving per meal
13. read out loud
15. have a meaningful conversation
16. hug someone
17. say I love you
18. pray with or for someone
19. write a letter or blog
20. be grateful for something/someone
The goal is to intentionally do each of these things everyday, until it is a habit. So, my plan is to take 20 weeks and intentionally add a new one each week. So, week one focus on getting up at 7, then week two add no candy eating, and so on, so by the end of twenty weeks all should be added into the days activities. Then go back to the top and do it again, until it is mastered.
I am sure other people would have other goals, but these are areas I need to focus on. maybe you have suggestions or ideas of other areas people in general could work on, please feel free to comment and share them.
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible handbook (FREE Copywork handbook)
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Biblical Feasts of Yehovah (NOT JEWISH HOLIDAYS)
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits