Let’s Keep Sabbath Holy, Set Apart, SpecialBiblical Living . God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts . Holidays . Sabbath . Torah Talk . Torah/Bible
Why should I keep Sabbath?
Because the Bible tells me so!!
Sabbath points us back to the Creator: Genesis 1-3
Yehovah God created rest: Genesis 2:2-3
It’s the Fourth Commandment of the Big Ten: Exodus 16 & 20
Yehovah wrote it with His own finger in stone: Exodus 16 & 20
It’s a symbol of our salvation: Exodus 31:17
We are to remember that Yehovah delivered us from sin: Deuteronomy 5:15
Sabbath remains today: Hebrews 4:9-11
Yeshua is Lord of the Sabbath: Matthew 12:8
The Apostles kept the Sabbath — Recorded 85 times in Acts alone
It’s Yehovah’s seal of authority: Exodus 31:17
It’s a blessing: Revelation 22:14
It is for God’s Children no matter where they live: Leviticus 23:3
How do I Keep Sabbath?
Don’t work or cause others to work.
- “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:8-11
The main thing to remember about Sabbath is that on this day, Yehovah rested. It is all about rest. Stepping away from the world, disconnecting from the stress and anxiety of life, and resting in Yehovah.
Don’t buy or sell goods.
- As for the peoples of the land who bring wares or any grain on the Sabbath day to sell, we will not buy from them on the Sabbath or on any holy day; and we will forgo the crops of the seventh year and every debt. Nehemiah 10:31 (This verse discusses a time when buying and selling were keeping the Israelites from making the Sabbath Holy and Special. Buy closing the markets, the people could all rest. If we are buying and selling, we are causing someone to work.)
Delight in it.
- “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
then you will find your joy in the Lord,
and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land
and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
Don’t do your regular work.
- Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do.
Read/Hear the Torah.
- “And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.” Luke 4:16
- “For from ancient generations Moses has those who preach him in every city, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.” Acts 15:21
Do help your neighbor if he is in need.
One Sabbath, Jesus went to eat in the home of a leading Pharisee, and those in attendance were watching Him closely. Right there before Him was a man with dropsy. So Jesus asked the experts in the law and the Pharisees, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?” But they remained silent. Then Jesus took hold of the man, healed him, and sent him on his way. And He asked them, “Which of you whose son or ox falls into a pit on the Sabbath day will not immediately pull him out?” Luke14:1-5
Gather with God’s People.
- ‘Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.” Leviticus 23:3
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Fall Feast dates 2023!!! It’s Coming!!!!
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits