Labor Day Family Traditions and SurprisesDay in the Life of a Big Family
Today, when I woke up, I thought to myself I want to take some pictures of our day, and share them on the blog post so I can look back at them in years to come. I had no idea that this would turn into such a fun day.
We have two family traditions on Labor Day. The first is we labor. We always take this day off of work to get some work done around the farm or for someone else. The second tradition is we end the day with ice cream. So, the project for today was to finish the new chicken coop. Jeremy decided that since everyone was coming over he would make brisket for an early dinner. Brenden and Bekah had designed the new coop. So, they gathered the team and Luke, Andrew, and Davey got to work helping get it done. Miah, Stephen, and Zach helped me get some other yard projects done, so we will be ready for our annual Day of Trumpets party in two weeks. Papa helped make sure Hally got a nap, while Lydia and Rosie took a nap in the family room. Birthday boy played Minecraft with the littles. And I gave Cody a hair cut to show Lydia how to use the clippers on Luke’s hair.
But, this year we had a couple extra fun blessings. The first is Tyler Ann’s fiancé’s birthday is today. I always thought it would be so cool to have a baby on Labor day. Christopher my soon to be son was born on Labor Day 28 years ago. So, cool. I hope his momma isn’t missing him too much today. But, we are so glad to celebrate his birthday with him today.
The other unexpected surprise was our Matron Dame gave birth today. This is so crazy because Sables rarely give birth out of season. They typically only mate in Autumn and birth in Spring. But she gave us a beautiful baby girl, and her daughter, Coca is also due any minute. It has truly been a super fun day.
We had a fun water war (forgot to take pictures) to cool off from our work. Here are the pictures from the weekend. We spent Sunday at the Lake with my parents too. Saturday, Chris proposed to Tyler.
We had such a blessed and full weekend.
- Hallelujah, Praise Yehovah! (Lydia's Story continues)
- A Day in the Life of a Big Crazy Family series (The Phone…
- We can't really do the Feasts in the Bible, can we? (God's…
- Let's Keep Sabbath Holy, Set Apart, Special
- Schedule vs. Routine, Which is Better for your Homeschool?
- How I Overcame Fear and Worry
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- Biblical Feasts of Yehovah (NOT JEWISH HOLIDAYS)
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits