Here are my tips on cleaning out your clothes closet.
The first thing you need to do is remove everything from the closet.
I usually put clothes on the bed, shoes in a pile, and everything else in a pile. Throw away obvious trash as you find it.
Once the closet is empty take this time to clean it.
I usually wash the walls with hot water and a small amount of dish soap. If the closet smells put a bowl of vinegar in there to soak up the smell. Be careful not to spill it.
Once the closet is clean you can start sorting the stuff that was in it.
How to decide what to keep
Below I listed some questions you can ask yourself to help you decide what you want to do with the clothes/shoes your not sure about.
- 1. Does it fit?
- 2. Does it have a purpose and will you use it for the purpose?
- 3. Does it match anything else you own? If you can never match it with your other clothing you don’t need it.
- 4. Is it formal/semi-formal wear? Is it the only dress/nice skirt you own?
- 5. Is it basically the same as another item(s) you kept?
If you already have a dozen maxi skirts do you really NEED this one?
6. Have you worn it in the last year? will you wear it?
If not get rid of it.