Does Scripture ever overwhelm you? It does me. You know those verse with “always,” “never,” and “everything.” Here I will give you a few examples of the ones that ALWAYS seem to get me.
1 Thessalonians 5:14-18
” We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
“Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.”
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
” Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,”
Ok, so you get the point. These verse are challenging to say the least. In reality, these verses are completely impossible. So, what do you do about such verses. Do you just do your best to follow them? Do you convince yourself these verses don’t apply to you? Do you come up with a step by step plan to be successful at obeying these verses?
Can we do these impossible tasks?
Yes, we can. Here is the answer to how to be successful.
1. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
2. Luke 1:27 “For nothing is impossible with God.”
3. Romans 8:37 “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.”
4. Galatians 5:16 “ But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.”
I am so glad that it is not up to me to do the mighty work of the Spirit in my life. I could never live according to the scripture on my own. But with Christ in me, I am able to do the Impossible. What a great and loving God. I am so thankful He provides the answers for every situation.
To really think deep on this topic go to Romans 8 and meditate on it for a day or two.
Written by Katie
- Torah Observant Believer
- Parenting an adult child that is disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Our Family
- Shalom of Yeshua
- Things to know as you visit our site…
- We did it!!! The Old Testament is all read. (90 day…
- God’s Still Working on Me
- Who we are
- Daniel’s decision for purity by Daniel
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 90 day challenge
- All about Animals
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Family journey
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home school
- Journey series
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits