Diapers and Wipes
- Animals/Plants – you can’t go wrong with animals and nature!
- Cars/Vehicles – For a boy cars, trucks, tractors, fire engines are great!
- Sports – What’s cuter than a baby dressed as an athlete!?
- Planets – Out of this world cute!
- Plain and simple – This doesn’t mean not cute it just means a simple dress for a girl or some cute jeans for a little man. (One of the most handy outfits I got for my son are plain white long sleeve onesies; they are perfect for going under his outfits to keep him warm cold days.)
Big buck essentials
- Car seat
- High chair
- Crib/bassinet (or both)
- Do the parents have a registry? If so look to see if these items are on there. It is possible someone has already taken care of these needs it’s very common for the grandparents to provide a crib, car seat, or dresser for their grandchild.
- Now if the items are on the registry make sure you buy it from there. These items are essential items that the parents are going to be using if they’ve taken the time to set up a registry they know which items they want.
- Take note of the items on the registry the parents may have a theme or style they like. That is important to keep in mind while shopping for baby.
Big buck not as essential, essentials
- bumbo chair,
- bouncy seat,
- rock n play,
- swing, etc.
These things are nice to have, but can also take up space. Here are some practical things to think when buying one of these items.
- Where does the family live? This is important to think for items such as the stroller. Will they need a stroller for dirt roads or sidewalks?
- How big is the home they live in?
- Is it an apartment with limited space?
- If it is a bumbo chair is way more practical than an excersaucer; as it is portable and small. If they already have a bouncy seat they probably don’t need a swing as well.
Is the mom a busy person who often goes places? A wrap or backpack would be a practical thing for her to have just in case.