Written by Rachel Carman on March 5, 2019
100 Great Questions to Ask your SpouseCarman Family Life . Rachel's Writings
When you are in a dating/courting relationship you spend your time getting to know each other better. But often after marriage, it seems that fire to get to know more about your spouse can start to die down. That’s why I made a list of questions to get that fire rekindled.
Some questions are deeper, and more thought provoking than others.
Have fun, and let the conversation go where the question leads! Enjoy!
- What is the first toy you can remember playing with as a kid?
- What is something your mom taught you that you still use today?
- What was the first Bible verse you ever memorized?
- Can you recite more than 10 verses right now?
- What did you want to be when you were 5, 10, and 15 years old? Why?
- Did you ever want another brother/sister (if none did you want one)?
- What does the color red make you think of? Why?
- Can you tell me of a sermon/Bible study you heard that still impacts how you live today?
- If you could have a side career what would you choose?
- If you could learn a new language what would you learn?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Can you remember a time someone did something small for you that made a big difference at that time in your life?
- What fruit of the spirit is hardest for you to have?
- Have you ever led anyone to Christ? If yes do you remember the first person you led to Christ?
- Have you ever witnessed someone being led to Christ?
- What is something you learned that you’d like to teach others?
- What household chore is your favorite or least favorite?
- When did you learn to ride a bike?
- What 3 words would you use to describe your relationship with the Lord today?
- Do you think you could survive 2 weeks without leaving your home?
- Have you ever felt compassion for someone who was mean to you?
- If you could build your house however you wanted how would it look?
- If you could change your hair for a day what would it look like?
- Could you survive the next 30 days without buying any groceries? (With the food you have, no eating out.)
- If you had a superpower what would you want?
- Can you tell a time you felt disappointed in someone?
- What has been the best vacation you ever had?
- What smells trigger fond memories?
- Do you like surprises?
- What are personal ways God has proved to you that He is real?
- Can you remember a time you did something small for someone that made a big difference for them?
- What book of the Bible would you like to know better?
- What is a place you’d like to visit?
- What things did you learn in high school that you still use today?
- How would you describe your relationship with your spouse?
- What is something your spouse could do to make your day?
- What are you working on to improve your relationship with God?
- Have you ever helped a stranger?
- Do all your friends/co-workers know you’re a follower of Yeshua?
- Who was there to comfort you when you needed comforted?
- What was the most satisfying meal you ever had?
- Have you ever thrown a surprise party?
- What was your favorite pair of shoes you ever owned?
- What characteristics of love could you improve on (based off 1 Corinthians 13)?
- What hobby do you think you should’ve tried to learn as a kid?
- Is there anything you regret quitting?
- What song lyrics mean something to you and why?
- If you could change 3 things about the home you live in what would you change?
- Have you ever done something out of your comfort?
- Is there someone in your life you’d like to help/mentor? Who? How do you plan to help them?
- What’s something you were taught as a child that you never understood until you were an adult?
- What do you want to try and do more often?
- Can you name all your teachers/coaches you had throughout school?
- What Bible character would you like to have a conversation with?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- Can you name the most meaningful gift you’ve ever received?
- If someone were to argue against your beliefs could you defend your side?
- What’s are your favorite memories of us?
- What are some things you would like us to do more often?
- What are 3 things I can pray for you this week?
- What advice would you give to a couple that is engaged?
- What have are your top 3 best days in your life so far?
- If you could have whatever meals you want this week what would you pick? (Go all out with this think 5 course meals you can have a gourmet chef or favorite restaurant foods).
- What’s your favorite part about your job?
- What Bible verses bring you comfort?
- If you could go on a 2 week vacation all expenses paid for where would you go?
- Who do you look up to?
- Can you tell a time someone hurt you and what you learned from that?
- Have you ever suffered alongside someone bearing their pain?
- What was your favorite restaurant as a kid?
- What were special moments you shared with your siblings (if an only child special moments with close friends or family)?
- What are some goals you have accomplished in life?
- If you could start a new business what would you do?
- If you were asked to preach a sermon on the spot would you? What would you share?
- Has a stranger ever given you a gift?
- What has been the biggest source of learning in your life? (School, experiences, internet, watching others example, etc.)
- What were some of your favorite songs when you were in grade school, middle school, and high school?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What is something you miss?
- What are characteristics of God that blow your mind?
- What is something you don’t understand but believe anyway?
- Could you survive with electricity for 3 weeks?
- What is something you want to do less in your life (or quit altogether)?
- Have you ever felt sympathy for a stranger?
- Do you pray for your enemies?
- Have you ever been lost?
- Can you name all the books of the Bible?
- On a scale of 1-10 how well do you think you know the Bible?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What advice would you give to newly weds?
- What is your first instinct when in distress? Would you like to change that instinct?
- What are 10 things you can thank YHVH for right now?
- Can you name 5 things that bring you happiness?
- What character in the Bible can you relate to?
- When was the first time you remember understanding the gospel?
- What book of the Bible do you know really well?
- Do you know of anyone who you can witness Christ love to?
- What are 3 things can I do to make your day?
- Did you ever think you’d be where you are today?
- Do I help you grow closer to YHVH?
I hope you enjoy this list!
I had fun asking my husband these as I wrote them. We can continue to learn how to help our spouse grow closer to YHVH each and everyday. Let me know if you’d like to see more question posts.
Until next time,
(Visited 70 times, 1 visits today)
Written by Rachel Carman
- Torah Observant Believer
- Our Family
- Parenting an adult child that is disrespectful and…
- Shalom of Yeshua
- We did it!!! The Old Testament is all read. (90 day…
- Sign on the hand, Symbol on the Forehead (thinking out loud)
- God’s Still Working on Me
- Who we are
- Daniel’s decision for purity by Daniel
- David and Goliath. (Day 21 of the Chanlenge)
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 90 day challenge
- All about Animals
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Copy Work
- Dyslexic perspective
- Family journey
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home school
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits