Today in my Bible reading, I read 1 John chapter 1. Below is the chapter, I am going to highlight it like I have in my own Bible and the notes I have written in my Bible. I also do want to say that this letter from John was not divided into chapter and verse originally, but rather was a complete letter read at one time to the church and then passed to the next church. It is best understood and read in one complete reading. But for this Bible reading plan I am doing I only read chapter one today. So….
1 John 1
1 “What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.4 These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.
5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.”
In my Bible at verse 5, I have written a note to myself, “The God (one and only) He is not ever, never darkness ever, ever.”
I have also written in my margin Romans 14:17. So, I looked this verse up.
“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
You may be wondering what this verse has to do with 1 John. In my next post I will be sharing my notes for chapter 2 of first John and explaining how it relates to chapter 14 of Romans.
Remember these two things always.
- God never changes. He is the same today, yesterday, and forever. He is YHVH. Malachi 3, Hebrews 13
- All scripture is written for God’s children to benefit and bless them. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for [i]training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” (a small note the scriptures Paul is talking about is the Old Testament because there was no New Testament compiled as of the time he wrote this letter to Timothy. )
Hopefully, I will have time tomorrow to share my thoughts on 1 John 2 and Romans 14. Remain in His love and peace. And may His Shalom be ever present in your home.
Written by Katie
- Torah Observant Believer
- Parenting an adult child that is disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Our Family
- Shalom of Yeshua
- Things to know as you visit our site…
- We did it!!! The Old Testament is all read. (90 day…
- God’s Still Working on Me
- Who we are
- Daniel’s decision for purity by Daniel
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 90 day challenge
- All about Animals
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Family journey
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home school
- Journey series
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits