As a child growing up in a church attending family, I had an understanding that some Christians were really Christians and others were still lost. Maybe you grew up with a similar understanding. I truthfully, do not know where this idea came from. I do not recall pastors or parents ever actually saying such things. But, there was an understanding that Nazarenes knew the truth and there were other denominations that did too, but there were many who didn’t really know. Some of the churches I knew were lost included Catholics, Lutherans, Seventh Day Adventist, Mormons, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, and a lot of Baptists. These groups for sure were lost, most likely cults.
Now as an adult who chooses to live differently than the main stream American Christian, I am often questioned about my faith. Since I am a very out going and out spoken person, I am often asked about my beliefs and life style choices. Sometimes people think we are Catholic or Mormon because we have so many children. Sometimes people think we are Seventh Day Adventist or Messianic because we choose to have church on Saturday and we observe the Biblical feasts instead of the traditional Christian (Catholic) holidays. Funny thing is I am not sure we fit in to any of the known groups (denominations).
What I can tell you is that a personal relationship with the Almighty God is not something new. That is the whole point of the Bible. Each man and woman in the Bible had a relationship with the Almighty God. Some knew him as a friend and others as an enemy. This is true today. Each of us have a relationship with God. Even the atheist has a relationship with God, they have made a choice to ignore Him. That is their relationship.
So, my personal walk with my Savior, Friend, and LORD is just that. It is personal. Can I share it with you? Yes, I can. But it is still very personal. My journey has taken me to a place that may look different than the place a fellow brother and sister in Christ is at. Does that mean that one of us is wrong and the other right? Not necessarily. It is just different.
Here are my thoughts about how each believers walk may look different and is it ok.
1. There is only one way to salvation.
2. God chose His children even before they were born, and I can not and do not know whom they are because I am not God. SO I must treat everyone as one of His children. Just because they don’t know their true identity in Christ it is not my place to condemn them.
3. There is a higher standard for those who take on the role of teacher, and they will be held accountable by God for their teaching. It is not my place to rebuke them, but it is my place to pray for them and encourage them in truth.
4. If one teaches anything contrary to what is in the whole word of God then they are one of the least in the Kingdom at best.
6. There are wolves among the sheep and they want to lead us astray.
So what is my conclusion…
There are evil people in this world who do NOT want to be a part of the Kingdom of God. There are lost people out there who do not yet know of the King and His Son. There are good Christians out there doing the best they can to teach what they believe is truth. There are God fearing people every where seeking to know God more every day and to share Him with others in His love. How should one live in such a time as this? We should love as Christ loves Us. We should be wise and know the scriptures so we can discern truth from lies. We should be ready with an answer for why we live the way we live. We should never, never give up hope for any one soul.
Let us put on the full armor of God, and do battle.
- A Biblical Fast, No food No Water, Did you Know?
- Clearing up my Vision, by removing Preconceived Ideas
- A Tribute to my Brother, Bubba
- Doing Bible Things in Bible Ways (Biblically Living 1)
- My kids stopped celebrating Christmas, What is the proper…
- Why did we make a Family Rule Book? (Family Rule Book part…
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible handbook (FREE Copywork handbook)
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Biblical Feasts of Yehovah (NOT JEWISH HOLIDAYS)
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits