Meet Our Family
Welcome to our family blog.
I am the Momma, Katie to my friends, sister to many, aunt to more, and wife to one.
Meet my wonderful husband, Jeremy. He is my best friend, and the love of my life for 30 wonderful years now. He is a patient and kind elder of our local congregation. He doesn’t have a lot to say, but when he speaks it is always worth listening to, weather a humorous joke or words of wisdom.
Together, God has placed us on this amazing journey.
He has blessed us with 15 children and 2 Grandson and 2 beautiful granddaughters (so far).
- Our oldest is Daniel, age 27. Daniel has the best smile with an adorable dimple, and if you notice his hair, outfit, music, or shoes, he will flash it your way. He is the cool big brother. He is a gentleman and a great help with babies. He can calm any infant in a matter of moments. He lives about an hour from us and works in retail currently.
- Our first born daughter is Tyler Ann (26). She is a leader, a go-getter, and she doesn’t like to waste time on meaningless things, even conversation. But she will lead a complete stranger to truth if given the opportunity. Her passion is to help families develop healthy relationships with each other and with Yehovah God. She is my close confidant. She enjoys gardening and organizing things. She is currently studying massage therapy.
- Rachel is 25. She likes to be active and not waste time. She is a natural teacher. She married a wonderful man of God, Kiezer Carman in June 2017. They live near his family in Kansas with their sons, Kiezer Jr and Baby Z (Zephaniah). Rachel has her own online business, and keeps busy with her busy boys. She and enjoy sports and couching basketball and volleyball. Rachel also directs the children’s choir.
- Lydia is 24, she is our musician. She can play the piano and take you away. She is happy, bubbly, and a great friend. She is the first Hirn to actually finish copying the whole Torah. She is now developing a language learning curriculum starting with Hebrew. You can find her at http://lydialulanguages.com/ She got married to a wonderful, young man named Luke in the fall 2020. They live near by and are able to visit often. They gave us our first granddaughter, Hallelujah in August of 2021, and baby Olivia Rose in 2022.
- Brenden,23, is our handyman. He can fix a lawnmower, dishwasher, dryer, and more. Just make sure you know where he is, because he can be a bit impulsive at times, and might take apart something you needed. He is currently an independent contractor working as a lead contractor with a wonderful local company. He hopes to travel a bit more. He has been to Guatemala and Israel, and loved both places.
- Rebekah is 22, our animal lover. She has a servants heart, but sometimes doesn’t know how to say no. She has a kind spirit, and amazes me with her patience. She can often can be found reading a book, if she isn’t swinging on her favorite swing. She is looking forward to getting married this June 2023 to Andrew Elliott, the son of our closest friends. We are all very excited.
- Davey (19), joined our family when he was five years old, and is one of the most content people you will ever meet. Just so happy to be alive. He is bouncy and can play with toy cars or legos all day if you let him. He brings our family so much joy.
- Jeremiah,19, is a thinker. He loves Yehovah God and is growing in truth and love. He loves to drive and enjoys spending his summers helping on the big farms out in Kansas. He recently graduated from high school completing his Torah copywork. He is currently working for his brother Brenden, and is looking into going to school for teacher training.
- Joshua is my laid back 17 year old. He is the chicken whisperer. He is a big help with the farm. He owns a herd of goats. He is getting quit good at woodwork. He loves tinkering in the garage all day long, especially with his forge.
- Next comes Zachery (15). Zachery is my school bug. He loves learning and reading. He is kind of a smarty pants, and sometimes has to be reminded to not be so hard on himself and others. He is an independent wanderer, often preferring to do his own thing.
- My funny Stephen is next, age 14, too smart for his own good at times. His unique sense of humor can be a bit much at times, but his imagination is out of this world fun. He loves to sing, act, and play with his goofy sense of humor.
- Then we have our Mary Kate (age 13). Mary joined our family just before her fifth birthday, and has been a joy since day one. Yehovah God has worked many miracles in her life. She loves Yeshua, and desires to please him with her life. She is very smart and loves to color and make crafts, or messes, both make her happy.
- Christianna (11) is a princess and cutie pie. Her first couple of years were a challenge, but now she is a true joy, and we are so grateful for her. She walks on her toes and is the cutest little dancer. She can be a bit dramatic sometimes but, most days she is happy to learn and play with her siblings.
- Benny (9) is super busy and loud. He is rough n tumble, all boy. He is extremely clever with puzzles and electronics. He can use a phone better than most his adult siblings and definitely better than me.
- Last but not least is our baby, Adam (5). He is a cutie and definitely the baby of the family. He has a silly and curious nature. He and Benny are by far my loudest children, keeping us all wide awake.
That’s all of us.
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Fall Feast dates 2023!!! It’s Coming!!!!
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits