How to clean your clothes closet (And deciding what to keep)Family journey . Home school . Organization (Hirn Helpers)
Here are my tips on cleaning out your clothes closet.
The first thing you need to do is remove everything from the closet.
I usually put clothes on the bed, shoes in a pile, and everything else in a pile. Throw away obvious trash as you find it.
Once the closet is empty take this time to clean it.
I usually wash the walls with hot water and a small amount of dish soap. If the closet smells put a bowl of vinegar in there to soak up the smell. Be careful not to spill it.
Once the closet is clean you can start sorting the stuff that was in it.
How to decide what to keep
Below I listed some questions you can ask yourself to help you decide what you want to do with the clothes/shoes your not sure about.
- 1. Does it fit?
- 2. Does it have a purpose and will you use it for the purpose?
- 3. Does it match anything else you own? If you can never match it with your other clothing you don’t need it.
- 4. Is it formal/semi-formal wear? Is it the only dress/nice skirt you own?
- 5. Is it basically the same as another item(s) you kept?
If you already have a dozen maxi skirts do you really NEED this one?
6. Have you worn it in the last year? will you wear it?
If not get rid of it.
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Torah Observant Believer
- Parenting an adult child that is disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Shalom of Yeshua
- Feasts of YHVH, Holy Days vs. Holidays
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- Sabbath Rest brings Shalom
- My copy work method handbook (FREE)
- Puberty, What’s that?
We would love to send you an email each time we have a new post. Sometimes we post a lot, but we're a busy family, so sometimes there are a few weeks between posts. Sign up today and never miss another post!
- 90 day challenge
- All about Animals
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Dyslexic perspective
- Family journey
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home school
- Journey series
- Marriage 101
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits