Diapers and Wipes
- Animals/Plants – you can’t go wrong with animals and nature!
- Cars/Vehicles – For a boy cars, trucks, tractors, fire engines are great!
- Sports – What’s cuter than a baby dressed as an athlete!?
- Planets – Out of this world cute!
- Plain and simple – This doesn’t mean not cute it just means a simple dress for a girl or some cute jeans for a little man. (One of the most handy outfits I got for my son are plain white long sleeve onesies; they are perfect for going under his outfits to keep him warm cold days.)
Big buck essentials
- Car seat
- High chair
- Crib/bassinet (or both)
- Do the parents have a registry? If so look to see if these items are on there. It is possible someone has already taken care of these needs it’s very common for the grandparents to provide a crib, car seat, or dresser for their grandchild.
- Now if the items are on the registry make sure you buy it from there. These items are essential items that the parents are going to be using if they’ve taken the time to set up a registry they know which items they want.
- Take note of the items on the registry the parents may have a theme or style they like. That is important to keep in mind while shopping for baby.
Big buck not as essential, essentials
- bumbo chair,
- bouncy seat,
- rock n play,
- swing, etc.
These things are nice to have, but can also take up space. Here are some practical things to think when buying one of these items.
- Where does the family live? This is important to think for items such as the stroller. Will they need a stroller for dirt roads or sidewalks?
- How big is the home they live in?
- Is it an apartment with limited space?
- If it is a bumbo chair is way more practical than an excersaucer; as it is portable and small. If they already have a bouncy seat they probably don’t need a swing as well.
Is the mom a busy person who often goes places? A wrap or backpack would be a practical thing for her to have just in case.
Less expensive essentials
Gifts that are forgotten
Written by Katie
Things to know as you visit our site
We are Bible believing, scripture only people. We love to learn about the Hebrew roots of our faith. We believe it is important to not add or subtract from the Divine Word of God. The compiled scriptures that agree with one another and have no contradiction is the 66 books of what is commonly referred to as the Christian Bible, or the Holy Bible.
These writings were originally written by men inspired by God. They were written in the language of the writers and readers of the original documents. Many of the original documents have been lost, but God’s Word is eternal and remains. Therefore, it is important to us to study, learn, and consider the culture, history, and language of the original writers of the scriptures.
In our studies we have learned that the true name of God is Yehovah, and His son, our Messiah, is named Yeshua. Therefore, as you read our posts we will use the Hebrew names of God and our Messiah.
- Whole Bible Believer, Torah Observant Christian
- Parenting an Adult Child that is Disrespectful and…
- Thinking on Sign on the Hand, Symbol on the Forehead
- Homeschooling Torah (my official review of the best…
- Copying the Bible (FREE Homeschool Copywork guide printable)
- Demons, devils, spiritual beings, real or not real???
- Christmas, a Biblical Perspective
- What was Job’s sin? Why did God let Job suffer…
- Fall Feast dates 2023!!! It’s Coming!!!!
- Idol Worship in 2018????
- 40 days of Prayers for my Husband
- All about Animals
- Bible Reading Challenge
- Biblical Living
- Biblical Marriage
- Carman Family Life
- Carman Farming
- CEF (child evangelism fellowship)
- Color Thru the Bible
- Copy Work
- Danger of Homeschooling Series
- Day in the Life of a Big Family
- Dyslexic perspective
- Fall Feasts
- Family Rule Book
- God's Calendar and Biblical Feasts
- Gospel of Yeshua Messiah series
- Home Discipleship
- Home Schooling
- Journey series
- Journey to Redemption
- Katie, the Cleaning Lady
- Katie's Ramblings
- Mental Health
- My Family by Katie
- Name Series
- Organization (Hirn Helpers)
- Popular Posts
- Prayer Challenge
- Rachel's Writings
- Spiritual Warfare
- Spring Feasts
- Ten Days of Prayer Challenge
- Torah Talk
- Tyler's garden
- Tyler's Tidbits