Welcome to our family blog. I am Mom, Katie to my friends, sister to many, aunt to more, and wife to one. I will post most often, but just so you know everyone. I will introduce everyone.
First, my wonderful husband, Jeremy. He is my best friend and lover for more than twenty wonderful years now. Together God has placed us on this amazing journey together. He has blessed us with 14 children, and we have the blessing of my sister living with us as well..
- Our oldest is Daniel,age 21. Daniel has the best smile with an adorable dimple, and if you notice his hair, outfit, music, or bracelet, he will flash it your way. He is a gentleman and a lover of babies. Currently, he is enjoying the life on the farm in western Kansas as an intern. Horse riding, tractor driving, cattle round up, and harvesting.
- Our first born, daughter is Tyler Ann (20). She is a leader, a go getter, and she doesn’t like to waste time on meaningless things, even conversation. But she will lead a complete stranger to Christ, if given the opportunity. She has decided to dedicate this year to serving at home. She is excited to help out with the education of the younger children, and spend time with her chickens and garden, and volunteer with CEF.
- Rachel is 19. She likes to be active and not waste time. She is a natural teacher, and sometimes gets impatient with others who are not as gifted at things as she is. This next year she will be living in western Kansas working as a teachers aid and coaching volleyball.
- Lydia is 18, and is our musician. She can play the piano and take you away. She is happy, bubbly, and a great friend. She has finished her high school career and is the first Hirn to actually finish copying the whole Torah. She plans to study Hebrew this next year and work on her music.
- Brenden, is 17, and our handy man. He can fix a lawn mower, dishwasher, dryer, and more. Just make sure you now where he is, because he can be a bit impulsive at times, and might take apart something you needed. He is still in high school and enjoys working as a painter.
- Rebekah is 16, and our gentle child. She has a servants heart, but sometimes doesn’t know how to say no. She has a kind spirit and amazes me at her patience. She has taken off as a reader, and often can be found reading a book, if she isn’t swinging on her favorite swing.
- Davey (13), joined our family five years ago, and is one of the most content people you will ever meet. Just so happy to be alive.
- Jeremiah is almost 13 and the exact opposite of Davey. Jeremiah thinks everything in life is a challenge even though in reality he is very gifted and capable. But he loves the Lord, and is beginning to grow in truth and love.
- Joshua is my laid back 11 year old. That is, as long as there is sugar somewhere to be found.
- Next comes Zachery (9). Zachery is my school bug. He loves learning and reading.
- Next comes my funny Stephen, age 7, too smart for his own good at times.
- Then we have our newest addition, Mary Kate (age 6). Mary joined our family a little over a year ago, and she brings us all so much joy. She is full of life.
- Christianna (5) is a princess and cutie pie. Her first couple of years were a challenge, but now she is a true joy and we are so grateful for her.
- Last is Benny (3) a busy little guy.
- But a year ago we added to our family my sister, Lizzie (age 18). Lizzie is beautiful and loves to laugh.
- And in March 2016 we are expecting a new baby Hirn.
So, that is everyone.